Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Behind the Scenes

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year! Now that you know a little about Dr. D. I thought you might like to know the person behind the scenes! You know, when you click on “contact us” and you think your email is going into the netherworld…..well really it’s coming to me.


While many of you may have found our website because you are familiar with Dr. Dellasega’s work, others of you may be like me and more or less stumbled upon it. I met Cheryl through a mutual friend, Kathy Peffer, who is the head of our local Communities That Care organization http://www.ldsd.org/ctc. I am a stay-at-home mom (and proud of it!) who willingly gave up her career to focus on raising my two kids. Recently I started dipping my toe back into the workplace waters, and agreed to teach several courses offered through the CTC for our school district. It was my way of staying in touch with my background as well as giving back to the community that I live in. So, to wind up the story I met Cheryl, she was looking for someone to do some work for her company, we hit it off and here I am.


Cheryl mentioned that you might like to know a little more about me. Well, as I said I’m a wife and mom first and foremost. I am probably more involved in my kids school than any sane parent – I chair several committees which include the yearbook and our Publication Center. I love to read – if anyone is looking for a good book I recommend The True Story of Hansel and Gretel, it really makes you think about what fairy tales might be based upon (http://www.amazon.com/True-Story-Hansel-Gretel-Survival/dp/0142003077).


I will gladly help answer any questions you might have about the website or Dr. Dellasega’s work – I can’t promise that I will have the answers immediately but I am fearless when it comes to finding out what I need to, and I can promise you that I will not leave your questions unanswered.

Beth



No comments: